The General's Girlfriend is trying to play matchmaker.
Went to a recital her friend was singing in tonight. An opera singer she wants to set me up with. The concert itself was great. A few solo cello and violin pieces, a few duets and solo vocal pieces. All classical or opera. In a beautiful old cathedral. The acoustics resonated the sounds. Made me want to go to a proper opera.
The girl sang well. If I wanted to be picky, I'd say she hit a bad note on her solo piece, but I could be mistaken. My ear isn't that good.
The General's Girl asked me what I thought of her. I told her that in a perfect world, if I was to base it on strictly her talent, there would be no problem but unfortunately I have to take appearance into consideration as well. Yes, shallow I know, but its the truth. So she said that at least we should be friends. I said that'd be fine. She seemed nice. And perhaps she could teach me a thing or two about opera since I know diddly squat.
Went to a recital her friend was singing in tonight. An opera singer she wants to set me up with. The concert itself was great. A few solo cello and violin pieces, a few duets and solo vocal pieces. All classical or opera. In a beautiful old cathedral. The acoustics resonated the sounds. Made me want to go to a proper opera.
The girl sang well. If I wanted to be picky, I'd say she hit a bad note on her solo piece, but I could be mistaken. My ear isn't that good.
The General's Girl asked me what I thought of her. I told her that in a perfect world, if I was to base it on strictly her talent, there would be no problem but unfortunately I have to take appearance into consideration as well. Yes, shallow I know, but its the truth. So she said that at least we should be friends. I said that'd be fine. She seemed nice. And perhaps she could teach me a thing or two about opera since I know diddly squat.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home