Sunday, July 11, 2004

just say no

I knew I shouldn't have answered the phone last night.

But I did and it put my in a very compromising position. Isn't it shitty how the ones you want to call never do but the ones you don't always do?

It was the Salsa Dancer; a girl I had talked to at the bbq over the 4th weekend. I met her months earlier by chance at a business function where she was chaperoning a client who I did business with. The transaction was a one time thing but when I was introduced to her over the weekend she mentioned that we had met before. I didn't remember her to be honest but didn't tell her that.

The fact that she then used the contact information off my business card I had given her on our first meeting kind of pissed me off. I thought it is abusive on her part of the business relationship but what the hell was I going to do.

So, its late Saturday night and I see this number pop up on the caller ID box that I don't recognize. I'm usually not home at this time but my plans fell through and I couldn't, no matter how hard I tried, to persuade R to come over. She's just into her "me" time right now and its hard to get her out of her cave. I pick up the phone, and the Salsa Dancer re-introduces herself like I don't realize who it is. I immediately start thinking, "how do I get rid of her in a polite way?". So, I tell her she caught me in the middle of something and I'm kind of busy. Yeah, a wussy lie but its the best I could do at the moment.

I can't remember what we talked about for the 5min. the call lasted as the whole time I was trying to figure out how to get off the phone in the quickest time possible. She's nice enough, but definitely not my type (ok, let's be honest...she's not very attractive. there, I said it) and I don't think I gave off any indication that I might be interested at the bbq so I don't know what she's thinking.

At the end of the conversation she asked if she could call me sometime. God, talk about putting me on the spot. So, not wanting to come off as an asshole I reluctantly said yes (wussy lie #2). Then she asks for my cell number. SHIT! I start saying how its a new number and don't have it memorized yet but end up giving it to her anyway....thank goodness for caller id.

After I hung up, I immediately told the roomies and they laughed at me. B said I was only making it worse and I agreed. So now I'm going to write her and tell her I'm already seeing someone (wussy lie #3) and that I can't talk to her.

"Yeah, that's it. That's what I'll do!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home