Friday, July 16, 2004

random thoughts...

 
I don't know if I'm any different than most people, but I daydream a lot. Not in the usual sense, but I often ponder questions about the world. I'd say its more that I see patterns in people, places, events, et al and try to make connections in my head as to why they are.

For example: Why is it always white people that have this notion that they somehow have to conquer nature?

I mean, you don't see Tibetians or Nepalese people wanting to climb Mt. Everest or Inuits wanting to cross the North Pole do you? I'm sure the first explorers that rolled through town asking if anyone could show them how to get up to the mountain were met with, "why you want to do something like that?". Really, it should tell you something if the people that live around the area don't see any point in doing it right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home