Tuesday, July 13, 2004

There are certain joys in being naked.

I don't usually sleep in the buff but have been lately and its been great. It could be the summer air or just my mood but whatever it is I've been sleeping soundly and have been wondering why I stopped doing it years ago.

It was probably due to my paranoia of having an emergency occur in the middle of the night and me not having time to get anything on. You can thank the Protestant ideals I was taught in school for that...damned be thy nudity! But I'm older now and frankly, I got over the embarrassment thing.

I'm itching to go skinny dipping now. Haven't been since I was in high school. We used to swim in the Pacific on warm nights; the moon in full. It was beautiful. It felt like you were flying, unobstructed, light as a feather. I've been to the nude European beaches, but they're not the same. This beach in the south of France came close but its just not tropical enough for me, the water just too cold.

I'm not going to go overboard just yet and book a nudist vacation. For the moment, I'm just going to savor the feeling of cool cotton sheets on the skin and the soft feather down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home