Thursday, July 29, 2004

Deerhoof absolutely killed it last night at the Fonda Theater.

I don't know if it was because the venue was bigger or the sound was better, but their set was just amazing. Catch them live if you can. Here's a few remaining tour dates:

9-9 - Seattle, WA - Neumo's
9-10 - Portland, OR - TBA
9-11 - Olympia, WA - TBA

Future Pigeon also played a great set as well. They've added a horn section since the last time I saw them and its really made a difference. Mutant dub reggae at its best.

!!! (chikchikchik) headlined last night and kept the indie kids dancing and clapping. They have more or less turned into a punk disco band but I have to give them credit for finally getting the usually very frigid nerdy indie kids to let loose and dance. I still think their lead singer needs to be replaced for writing the worst lyrics in rock and dancing like he's on Dance Fever, but the kids don't seem to mind. Catch them this weekend at the Fuji Rock Festival in Japan if you happen to be in the neighborhood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home