weekend in pictures
I really should be wearing my earplugs a little more often cause weekends like these seriously cannot be good for the hearing. There goes another few decibels I won't be able to hear...
Feeling a bit lazy so I'm recaping the weekend in picture form.
FRIDAY

The surprise farewell party for Jellybean might as well have been a 60's rock n' roll Halloween party with most of the bands playing dressing in matching costumes. Strange location though - right on the water in the Marina at a Best Western Hotel. Was quite a riot!

Crazy girl and avid Eat Bulaga watcher V, Jellybean, and wife Momo

The invisible men being quite visible.

The award for best band of the night, The Headless Hearsemen (so clever right?). These guys were like the house band for the Disneyland Haunted Mansion. Every song had a "spooky" name, they had the fog going, black lights, fake gravestones and even ruffled pirates shirts. Its all in the details kids...
SATURDAY


B and I were in need of some visual inspiration so we headed to ArtLA (la's contemporary art fair) that was going on in Santa Monica. There were some cool pieces but not as many scupltures as I would have liked. Too hard to transport I suppose. And if that wasn't enough, we stopped at Bergamot Station on the way back to check a few more galleries (the big globes above).

Attended PL's 1year anniversary party for his toy shop in Chinatown, Munky King and had a wicked time listening to Shakespeare & Aurelito's reggae selections out of their converted ice cream truck. Talk about a ready made party on wheels.

Shakespeare skankin out da riddims.
Did race all the way cross town afterwards to attend TeeHeeGirl's bday party at Zanzibar. Haul and Mason laid down the hip hop for the heads in the house. They're quite the little mix team - laying down remixes on the fly with their laptops and turntables. The bday party was ok but I found it disturbing that THG and her crew all danced in a group circle, like 8 deep. Weird...
Feeling a bit lazy so I'm recaping the weekend in picture form.
FRIDAY

The surprise farewell party for Jellybean might as well have been a 60's rock n' roll Halloween party with most of the bands playing dressing in matching costumes. Strange location though - right on the water in the Marina at a Best Western Hotel. Was quite a riot!

Crazy girl and avid Eat Bulaga watcher V, Jellybean, and wife Momo

The invisible men being quite visible.

The award for best band of the night, The Headless Hearsemen (so clever right?). These guys were like the house band for the Disneyland Haunted Mansion. Every song had a "spooky" name, they had the fog going, black lights, fake gravestones and even ruffled pirates shirts. Its all in the details kids...
SATURDAY


B and I were in need of some visual inspiration so we headed to ArtLA (la's contemporary art fair) that was going on in Santa Monica. There were some cool pieces but not as many scupltures as I would have liked. Too hard to transport I suppose. And if that wasn't enough, we stopped at Bergamot Station on the way back to check a few more galleries (the big globes above).

Attended PL's 1year anniversary party for his toy shop in Chinatown, Munky King and had a wicked time listening to Shakespeare & Aurelito's reggae selections out of their converted ice cream truck. Talk about a ready made party on wheels.

Shakespeare skankin out da riddims.
Did race all the way cross town afterwards to attend TeeHeeGirl's bday party at Zanzibar. Haul and Mason laid down the hip hop for the heads in the house. They're quite the little mix team - laying down remixes on the fly with their laptops and turntables. The bday party was ok but I found it disturbing that THG and her crew all danced in a group circle, like 8 deep. Weird...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home