Sunday, January 23, 2005

Dear l'at,

It would be just my luck that the girl (Curly) I was beginning to take a liking towards ends up being a lesbian. Don't worry, you can go ahead and laugh. I find it quite humorous myself.

Curly calls me as I'm eating dinner the other night insisting I SHOULD come and join her at a Venice sushi place she was at for her friend Jen's faux-retirement party. So far so good right? - Cute girl calling last minute wanting to see you can't be a bad thing.

So I go and do the meet and greet with the dozen or so young, Jewish dinner guests of which half of them are either practicing or trying to get out of law (understandable, as the occasion was for Jen's decision to quit her law gig and the field altogether).

I don't know if it was the multiple martinis that made Curly tell me that she was in fact dating Jen and not just her friend but I certainly did not ask for the information. All I asked was if she spent a lot of time at Jen's apt. (which happened to be right behind the restaurant and which also happened to be 1 block from Venice beach).

You can't really blame me can you? I thought I was reading all the signs right. Or maybe the senses just aren't as sharp as they used to be. Did remind me of that film Kissing Jessica Stein from a couple years back though.

But after the initial shock wore off I actually felt good that she deemed me trustworthy enough to share the information with cause apparently only about half the dinner party even knew she and Jen were even gay and these are all people they grew up with. She seemed somewhat determined to keep it that way too.

We ended the night with goodbyes and plans to go bike riding on the beach soon.

Hmmm...a date with a lesbian huh? That'd be a first...


Best,
Dumont

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home