Thursday, January 27, 2005

I'm still buzzing from last night's amazing show. The Swedes really laid it down and put on one of the best rock shows I've seen in a while. It was so refreshing to see a band so sincerely giving it everything they've got. A band that actually put an effort to performing well (unlike most LA bands whom I find rather lazy).

I loved every minute of it.

From the cherub, Rasputin-like (he was wearing a wizard tunic for god's sake! Come to think of it, he did strike a resemblance to Hagrid from the Harry Potter films) lead singer commanding the stage like a pied piper and the drummer dressed like a referee, to the lead guitarist doing the karate kicks - everything you expect from a great show was there. And sonically they sounded so big; so tight; so unique....even after two encores.

Can't wait til they come back around in March.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there any pleasant way to tell someone you're just not into them? I'm totally dreading making this call to R. We had a brief discussion about our little situation last week but we were both too chicken to resolve anything. So I've been trying to buy myself some time to work out what I need to say by avoiding her calls. Lame I know but I apologized and was honest about my reasoning, which she seemed to understand.

I just don't want to waste anyone's time. Hell, I've known this girl for 10 years and if we aren't together by now I don't think we ever will. If you ask me, we missed that window years ago and quite honestly I've moved on.

But its funny how people can interpret things so differently. She tells me that she thinks we've got a lot in common. I just don't. Sure we get along fine and all, but I just don't see any sparks flying.

And I little word of advice....don't tell someone that you're lonely and expect them to be super duper excited to be with you. Nobody likes to feel like you've been chosen by default.

*deep breath*

Here goes nothing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home