t-day
There's a million things I am thankful for this year but I will spare you the details and just say that times are good in my world. Had some time to think a bit yesterday at my sauna session. Great thing about entertainment companies is that they always shut down at lunch before every holiday. So I got some of the toxins out of my system afterwards. Haven't had a session like that in ages - in truth, it was starting to become an expensive habit.
I like to think I'm continuing the great bathing traditions of past civilizations when I take in a good soak. Its the closest thing I have to a hobby I'd say. The Ottoman Empire did it. So did the Romans. And its practically a national pastime in Japan. Ok, so the LA places may not be as grand as the 100 year old ones in Turkey but there are some unique thrills in having the steam room infused with the scent of ginseng or watching goofy variety shows in the sauna on a tv build into the wall. Plus, you never know if those older gentlemen who look like mobsters actually are, and its best that you never find out...
I like to think I'm continuing the great bathing traditions of past civilizations when I take in a good soak. Its the closest thing I have to a hobby I'd say. The Ottoman Empire did it. So did the Romans. And its practically a national pastime in Japan. Ok, so the LA places may not be as grand as the 100 year old ones in Turkey but there are some unique thrills in having the steam room infused with the scent of ginseng or watching goofy variety shows in the sauna on a tv build into the wall. Plus, you never know if those older gentlemen who look like mobsters actually are, and its best that you never find out...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home