Wednesday, November 17, 2004

TeeHee Girl made me realize some things about myself today. Jumped in her car today for lunch and she had Christmas music blaring from the stereo. The girl can be so cute sometimes with her hyper 'girlie' tendencies that its endearing. I mentioned that it seemed a bit early for xmas music but she just shrugged it off and said "but the holidays are just so happy and fun! Why, don't you like the holidays?"

In all honesty, I get kind of blue and lonely during the holidays. Its not that I don't have family members or friends around but it always seems like everyone you're supposed to be with during this time is off to somewhere else. To the in-laws, parents, etc... So its usually B and I finding any place still open on xmas to have a nice meal, like the time we ate pizza on a rainy London night.

THG did make me realize that I have become numb and have lost some of that spark I think I once had....I've lost that excitement and something to be excited about. Somewhere along the line something changed without me realizing it. Maybe its due to aging, or the dull, grey LA skies...I dunno. Maybe thats why my libido has been no where to be found lately..haha. There really is no reason for me to be feeling this way. I've got enough money, creative outlets, a growing business, good health, friends, and family....but whatever it is its something that I don't want to be.

THG girl made it clear that sometimes simple times and things are worth getting giddy for. I know her excitement rubbed off me and brought a smile on my face. And as we admired and smelled the stunningly beautiful (and pricey) floral arrangements of lilys and roses at Rita Flora it suddenly all seemed to make sense...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home