Sensory Stimulations
Maybe I'll make this a regular thing but here's a few things I'm excited about these days...
SEE - The Horizon 202 is a panoramic camera that takes stunning pictures at a whopping 120 degrees! Perfect for those landscape shots. Its on my Christmas wishlist...
TASTE - Pollo Campero is an originally Guatemalan chain currently making inroads stateside. All latin influences aside, its fare is basically American soul food. Their fried chicken is the way I like it...crispy and slightly salty (and they actually fry their birds unlike the OTHER American chicken chain) and their sides are excellent as well. Plus, their mascot can probably do a better funky chicken dance than that old colonel sanders!
HEAR - D, my coworker attended the SpongeBob premiere yesterday and said she was witness to a certain Lost in Translation starlet being very openly affectionate with her 'lady friend' at the afterparty. She says she only noticed it because they were pretty much all over each other. Just goes to show you that reality can be a lot different than perception in Tinseltown.
FEEL - I'm really feeling 22 year-old harpist Joanna Newsom. Looking quite pixie-ish with a bit of elf thrown in, her very unique voice and quirky, whimsical lyrics have the ability to grow on you with each listen. Also on my playlist these days is The Shins, who really don't need promoting but I'm liking their great sense of pop melody. Catchy stuff I find myself humming all day. Perfect to hold me over until the new Doves cd comes out next spring.
SMELL - The holiday season always reminds me of the smell of fresh, crisp christmas trees (try saying that three times) and wood burning fireplaces. I'm making it a point to check out Matthew Bourne's version of the Nutcracker! next month at UCLA. Bourne has a great sense for taking traditional ballet and making it fresh and new and interesting. He did it with the all male Swan Lake. He did it when I saw his Cinderella set in a WWII London niteclub during the 'Blitz' bombings. I'm looking forward to it...
SEE - The Horizon 202 is a panoramic camera that takes stunning pictures at a whopping 120 degrees! Perfect for those landscape shots. Its on my Christmas wishlist...
TASTE - Pollo Campero is an originally Guatemalan chain currently making inroads stateside. All latin influences aside, its fare is basically American soul food. Their fried chicken is the way I like it...crispy and slightly salty (and they actually fry their birds unlike the OTHER American chicken chain) and their sides are excellent as well. Plus, their mascot can probably do a better funky chicken dance than that old colonel sanders!
HEAR - D, my coworker attended the SpongeBob premiere yesterday and said she was witness to a certain Lost in Translation starlet being very openly affectionate with her 'lady friend' at the afterparty. She says she only noticed it because they were pretty much all over each other. Just goes to show you that reality can be a lot different than perception in Tinseltown.
FEEL - I'm really feeling 22 year-old harpist Joanna Newsom. Looking quite pixie-ish with a bit of elf thrown in, her very unique voice and quirky, whimsical lyrics have the ability to grow on you with each listen. Also on my playlist these days is The Shins, who really don't need promoting but I'm liking their great sense of pop melody. Catchy stuff I find myself humming all day. Perfect to hold me over until the new Doves cd comes out next spring.
SMELL - The holiday season always reminds me of the smell of fresh, crisp christmas trees (try saying that three times) and wood burning fireplaces. I'm making it a point to check out Matthew Bourne's version of the Nutcracker! next month at UCLA. Bourne has a great sense for taking traditional ballet and making it fresh and new and interesting. He did it with the all male Swan Lake. He did it when I saw his Cinderella set in a WWII London niteclub during the 'Blitz' bombings. I'm looking forward to it...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home