Monday, November 22, 2004

A small thank you goes a long way.

B made my day today by telling me that he appreciated all the (financial) help I've been giving him. The downside to being around brilliant creative types is that a lot of times they struggle with the economics of daily capitalist life - in other words, they're broke. In the case of B, I've been covering some of his expenses while he works on our company business. I don't think its always fair but don't mind it if its for the greater good of the company. Its my contribution so to speak.

On the other hand, I've been paying for extracurricular activities just because its no fun going to see a band or performance alone. And take the General, who'll be joining me at the k-town spa this week for a nice detox session. Again, no fun by yourself.

I figured he needs it given all his stress lately. The chinatown event he threw this past sat. nearly made him want to hang himself but it turned out pretty well. Along with the random pack of twelve or so Furries that just showed up out of nowhere to create a surreal atmosphere, the pro wrestling matches underneath the paper laterns were a riot. Nothing like a bunch of eastside scenesters yelling and booing to "so-bad-its-great" pro wrestling. Best moments of the night? a) Yelling "choke THE chicken!" when the masked chicken wrestler was being strangled by some big ass redneck. b) Someone yelling "Angel, I'm getting wet" to the overtly gay wrestler as the rain came down. What's that you say?....Juvenile behavior? Of course, but where's the fun in being an adult all the time?

The Gen. is also stressing about his gf who moved back to Seoul to pursue her acting dreams. He is discovering the harshness of trying to maintain a long distance relationship. What he thought would be great for him as far as having more work time is turing into insomnia and constant worry. I don't blame him. From the sounds of it, his girl is going through a very 'Beyond the Valley of the Dolls' situation. She's hanging with famous directors, heads of production companies, teaching english to well know actresses. I'd be worried too. MunkyKing hit it right on the nose when he told the General that no girl moves half a world away if they really want to be with you. DM however is just starting a long distance thing with some MC/Producer outta Detroit and seems very much into him. She's already gone out to see him and will again for thanksgiving. He's thinking of moving out here after he and his crew finish up their Japan tour. Hope it works out for her.

night...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home