Saturday, November 20, 2004

All Look Same

Its great when opposing forces nicely juxtapose next to each other. Tonight was a night of contrasts - and in a wonderful way it worked to make things extremely entertaining.

Blonde Redhead proved that rock can be romantic, loud, heartfelt, dark, mysterious, and sexy all at the same time. They sounded even better live than on cd and I think I fell in love with the lead singer. She had longish hair dangling over her face and a killer backless mini dress with what looked like lace trim. There she was strumming away on the guitar or playing keyboards or singing in her pixie voice all the while swaying to the beat. It was the way she danced that really got me....something very sensual in her movement. I couldn't help but just stare.

On to the Hollywood/Highland complex we went after the show for the coworker's bday party even though we all agreed we hated the place. But sometimes you need and want to dance to bad hip hop....its a guilty pleasure I suppose. What can I say...who can't find some joy in getting your freak on with a honey while Lil Jon yells in the way that only he can? Plus, there's always the people watching that's entertaining.

B and I had a blast checking out the 'club casualties'. At midnight when we walked up, we had already passed by no less than 5 people puking into the planters. Add a couple more I saw in the club and the toll just kept climbing. The scene at the close was even better and looked like a war movie. There were people passed out on chairs, girls being wheeled, carried, assisted, or stumbling out. I thought they were going to bring a couple of stretchers out at one point...lol. Replace the halter tops, padded bras, and jeans uniform with some fatigues and we could have shot a battle scene.

But I shouldn't bad mouth it. As much as I say I hate that kind of scene, I always seem to get a kick out of it. Guess that says something...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home