I don't know why I'm having such typically womanly tendencies lately. First the manicure then tonight a long hot bath. Plus, thank god its finally raining in LA! Although its not that heavy, I'll take it cause it feels like we haven't had rain here in a millenium. It did make the bath even nicer though. I put on this great John Fahey album of solo guitar, lit a candle, and tossed in some great bath salts (shameless plug: Burt's Bees make a great one). I nearly had an out of body experience as I stared up at the darkened ceiling; my ears underwater so as to cut out as much sound as possible. I suppose they call that sensory deprivation. I've heard of people hallucinating in those floatation tanks where you're put in a sound proof, coffin-like capsule thats got a little bit of warm salt water in it so you float easier. Guess thats what I was going for. I feel very relaxed now and will probably sleep like a baby tonight.
But why the bath and why am I home on a sat. night?
Honestly, I was feeling a little bummed out. Had a gig tonight shooting this charity concert and I wasn't really happy with the footage I ended up with. Wasn't really my fault but I'm taking it out on myself as usual. They just didn't have the proper equipment to do it right. I tried to tell them that shooting a live concert is no easy feat but this was their first and probably last event and didn't quite know what they were doing. The guy that spearheaded it was really, really sincere and nice which made me feel even worse. Like I didn't want to let him down. He tells me that he got the idea about a year ago to do this benefit show for this nursing home because he was moved by all the volunteers he met there while visiting his mother. He realized that he had never done anything for others instead of himself and so he decided to do something about it. Unfortunately, his mother passed away a month ago so the show also became his memorial to her as well. So I'm thinking to myself, "shit...I wish you hadn't told me all this. Now there's even more pressure for me to give him something great". I just don't think the recorded audio was good enough; in fact I'd call it crappy. I hoping that it will work out but I'm contemplating giving him back my fees as this is a benefit after all and I feel awful for taking it.
The other reason I'm home is that I have the house all by myself for once! Its so great and rare to be here alone. B is out of town for the next ten days and JJ is out on the town but is also traveling next weekend for a few days. So I don't have to go anywhere, can walk around nekkid if I want, can persuade some lady friend to come over for playtime (and another bath), and eat bad processed frozen meals.
Life is good...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home