I'm happy to say that I will probably not be back to Geisha House any time soon.What a mess that place is.
Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit. I'm sure its fine if you like that sort of thing - the place does have all the prerequisite requirements for "what's hot now" status. Celebrity investors....check. Trendy Hollywood kids...check. Paris Hilton or Lindsey Lohan sightings....check.
I'll admit the interior design was good. The geisha theme worked for the most part although it was a little overdone. I mean, theme restaurants are good if you're medieval times or Disneyland but shouldn't good restaurant design just be good and not try to be gimmicky?
I also found the place too noisy for my taste - for dinner anyway. Music was pumped up on top of the usual bar noise. I found it all very confusing. Is it a bar or a nightclub or restaurant? Seems like they just combined all three and it made it just too difficult to have any kind of conversation with my fellow dining companions. And isn't conversation the purpose of having a dinner party?
I purposely haven't mentioned anything about the food cause frankly it wasn't very good. Looked and sounded great on paper and even presented on a plate but just tasted 'bleh' to me. You would think it would have been better given the intense looking Japanese guys dressed like ninjas making it. And I should expect better food given the prices and pedigree of their chef (ex-Nobu).
But Flipflop seemed to enjoy everyone coming out to wish her well on her bday.
So my advice.....go for drinks, check the scene and do your celeb sighting, then bolt for some food elsewhere.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home