Monday, November 01, 2004

Let's Get Ready to Rumble

On the eve of what feels like the most crucial election in decades or ever, the air is buzzing here on the left coast with anticipation and nervousness. Just today, the gay and lesbian contingent at the office (which make up a good chunk of the employee base) were having pow wows about the election all day long. And of course it usually ended up in anti-W tirades. But on the other hand the hot chicks could care less about things as they are.

Frankly I don't know what I'll do if GW gets reelected. Move to Mexico? Canada? Paris? Rabbit Legs is already looking into teaching English overseas somewhere come Jan. as a contingency plan. In 2000 I told myself "fine, let him have his four years and let's get him out. How bad could he make things in such a short amount of time?". Boy was that an understatement.

But I guess it all depends on what your view of the world is and what issues concern you. While I view this president as probably the worse ever, I don't hate people that support him. I'm just baffled as to what they see in him. Granted he got dealt a tough hand with 9/11 but thats not to say Gore could have put us in any better situation. I don't think its worth debating the what ifs cause for all we know we could have ended up in deeper shit with Gore. And I voted for the man.

What I do know is that tomorrow I will cast my vote tomorrow for a man who I think will be at the very least a competent commander in chief and spend the rest of the day praying like a mutha that I won't have to look into taking Spanish crash courses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home