Friday, October 28, 2005

The motivation of men

I am no different than them.

I'll admit that.

There is no blind pride - no false notion that I am somehow above the primal lusts that are born into men. The lusts that destroy rational thought.

The lusts that cause one to reschedule a meet and greet with your company's CEO so you can have lunch with a beautiful production assistant 10 years your junior. A PA that you realize is mentally years apart from you and has bad grammar - a trait that, while not a deal breaker, usually signals deeper issues.

It is this Achilles Heel of men that has caused kingdoms to crumple and brothers to kill brothers. It has served as the catalyst for tragedy and brought great men to their knees.

But whether a prince or a pauper, it is what connects us all to this fraternity.

Of which I am a proud member of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home