Easter Greetings!Not a whole lot of interesting things worth mentioning at this time although it could be the 10 pounds of Haribo gummi bears currently sitting in my stomach causing the writing block.
I'm feeling a bit embarassed discussing the past week's activities cause I was being the total film nerd. Almost averaged a film a day. Saw the korean film Old Boy (excellent hallway fight scene), a creepy Roman Polanski film called the Tenant, and Palindromes (the new one from the Welcome to the Dollhouse guy). Palindromes was alright; not my favorite from that director but there was some good stuff in it. He was there after the screening for a q&a session that was utterly painful. Actually, ALL director q&a's are equally unbearable. They are always the same with the same questions and the same comments said by the same kinds of people. Nothing ever changes and I always say I will never go to one again but yet find myself at them on occasion. Didn't help that Solondz is also a bad interview who stammers and stutters in a nasally voice, making it very difficult to follow what he's saying.
On a random note, Curly is slowing coming out of the closet. Seems she can only muster up the courage to tell anyone about her lesbian leanings when she's had a few drinks in her. Its how I found out and also how she told her coworker Koop last week. I must say that she is the straightest lesbian I have ever met which is so confusing. The thing I don't get is that she always makes fun of lesbians. She'll go to the L-word (Showtime's lesbian drama series) screening and q&a but come back saying there were way too many lesbians there. Uh...hello....what did you expect? haha. I suspect the whole gay bashing thing is a defense mechanism she's developed and used to cover up her orientation. Just my theory anyway...
My verdict on HG is still out. She is a perfectly wonderful and sweet girl but I'm finding that we just don't gel together like I would have hoped. It seems to be a mattter of attraction with this one. Yes, we share somewhat similar interests, but somehow I'm just not attracted to her as much as I feel I should be. Call it shallow but as cute as she may be, its just not doing it for me. It may sound all great that she's this wild child that's into the kink and has equal interest in girls as well as guys but it really doesn't mean anything if your head isn't into it. We've had the 'talk' already that cleared up the picture a little but we dare not use the D-word (aka Dating) to describe what we're doing. I'm not going to stress over this but I'm taking it day by day and seeing if anything changes. I may just have to run out and get that boat steering wheel like the psychic told me to.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home