Friday, August 27, 2004

Sipping on a chai now, which is what I do when I'm feeling a little groggy. Plus, the sky was a bit overcast which made it taste even better.

The cause for the sleepiness was a nighttime outing to Hollyweird last night for the Anthem mag party at Tokio. Met Yardie there after he spent a good deal of time dealing with the usual guest list bs and queue out front. The bad cockatoo haircuts (aka mullets) were in full effect, both on the guys and girls, as were the hideous 80's gear. Tokio is relatively new, taking over the old Catalina jazz bar space and is laid out like a stylized Japanese restaurant. The waitresses even wear black bob wigs and kimono tops with obis but with fishnets and go-go boots. The party itself was kind of uninspiring. It was supposed to be for the release of their latest issue but there were seriously only about 30 issues laid out on tables. I managed to track down a copy but not after searching high and low. One of the guys from Junior Senior (Senior I think. Is he the big one?) djed, playing bell biv devoe classics and I was told the tall guy next me was the lead singer of that Pretty Girls Make Graves band the indie kids seem to love.

Before I left I'd texted P to see if she was at Nacional around the corner as her bf promotes thursdays there. I probably shouldn't have, and it wouldn't have been the best idea to show up there, but the fact that she might be in the area overrode everything. She got back to me on my drive home saying she was in fact at the club. I then felt like some sort of stalker. And I'm feeling like I've turned into the 'nuisance'. I know she has a hard time saying no to people but part of me believes that it would be much easier if she just came out and told me I shouldn't contact her if that's what she wanted. I hope she just isn't hoping that I get the message psychically.

I drove home on the empty freeways with M83 turned up, trying to drown out the chatter in my head. Their music is a great soundtrack at that time of night. I felt like driving over a cliff and having my car turn into a flying machine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home