Wednesday, August 25, 2004

neither formal nor professional

The TeeHee Girl (THG) works at the same company I do and we've recently been chatting casually. I call her the THG because she giggles between every sentence. No, really. Sometimes its a short "hehe" to punctuate the end of a statement, sometimes its a longer one if she finds something funny. I think it must be a nervous reaction or something.

At first I thought she was trying to hit on me. She started asking a lot of questions about my situation, etc., etc. and I played along for the hell of it. THG finally tells me she's got a great boyfriend of over two years and i'm all, that's cool. But then she flat out tells me I'm cute. wtf? I tell her that I don't think she should be telling guys she just met that they're cute. And she's all, oh, ok, but I just do. And I'm like, yeah, I'm sure your bf would love to hear that. Then she says she has a lot of single girlfriends that are asking for the hook ups, and thats why she was asking. Oh really? I ask. Yea. They're cute too. Cute or HOT? Cute and Hot. You want to go to this banquet this sat.? They're going to be there. What kind of banquet are we talking about? Its for this Professionals Association I'm a part of. Its their annual dinner. uh....I don't do well around 'professionals'. And its formal. I also don't do 'formal' very well either. I want to go in sweat pants as well but it will be fun. Thanks but no thanks. Oh, ok then. Well, why don't you just send me pics of your friends then? Hehe, no, I'd feel weird.

I did entertain the thought of going so I'd have something to write about but a) I've been to these types of events before and its a room full of mbas which I have little in common with b) I don't feel like putting on a suit in the summer and c) why do asian people always put on banquets?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home