Its amazing how a little lighting and medium format film can turn an ordinary photo into something grander than it is.
B and I were interviewed the other day for a Japanese magazine article on this little clothing line we run and I swear, if the test shots were any indication, the photos may be some of the best I have ever seen of myself. Hands down, we look ten times cooler than we actually are and I suppose thats great for the public image but I still do not feel all that comfortable being photographed or interviewed nor did I ask for it.
This all came down quite suddenly when some guy saw someone wearing one of our shirts, inquired where they got it, tracked down the store, then our website, and happened to have a friend looking to do a story on "cool" companies. The mag's demographic is pretty young, like high school boys young, and focused on streetwear and sneakers (which isn't really our thing) but any press is good I suppose. We basically talked out of our asses for the entire interview, trying to sound like we knew what we were doing. And B is now determined to amass a legion of Japanese fans because of it. lol
B and I were interviewed the other day for a Japanese magazine article on this little clothing line we run and I swear, if the test shots were any indication, the photos may be some of the best I have ever seen of myself. Hands down, we look ten times cooler than we actually are and I suppose thats great for the public image but I still do not feel all that comfortable being photographed or interviewed nor did I ask for it.
This all came down quite suddenly when some guy saw someone wearing one of our shirts, inquired where they got it, tracked down the store, then our website, and happened to have a friend looking to do a story on "cool" companies. The mag's demographic is pretty young, like high school boys young, and focused on streetwear and sneakers (which isn't really our thing) but any press is good I suppose. We basically talked out of our asses for the entire interview, trying to sound like we knew what we were doing. And B is now determined to amass a legion of Japanese fans because of it. lol

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home